SEIEE Building 2-543
Department of Automation, Shanghai Jiao Tong University
800 Dongchuan Road, Shanghai 200240
Lin Wang is a Professor in the Department of Automation, Shanghai Jiao Tong University. She received her Ph.D. degree in control theory from Academy of Mathematics and Systems Science, Chinese Academy of Sciences in 2009. From Apr. 2010 to Sep. 2010 and Sep. 2011 to Feb. 2012, she was a Guest Researcher at Royal Institute of Technology (KTH), Sweden. From Jan. 2016 to Mar. 2016, she was a Research Fellow at the City University of Hong Kong. From Jan. 2018 to Aug. 2018, she was a Visiting Associate Professor at Harvard University, and from Aug. 2018 to Jan. 2019, she was a visiting Associate Professor at the Media Lab of Manchester Institute of Technology (MIT). She was a recipient of the Best Theory Paper Award at the 13th World Congress on Intelligent Control and Automation in 2018, and a recipient of the Excellent Scientific Paper in the Field of Electronic Information in 2020. She is a Senior Member of IEEE, and serves as the Vice Chair of the IFAC Technical Committee on Large Scale Complex Systems, General Secretary of the CSIAM Activity Group on Complex Networks and Complex Systems. Her current research interests are networked systems, and multi-agent systems.
● Multi-agent Systems
● Adaptive Complex Networks
● Discrete Mathematics (undergraduate-level)
● Nonlinear Systems (undergraduate-level)
● Network Optimization ("IEEE Class", undergraduate-level)
● Methodologies for Dynamical Large Scale Systems (Graduate-level)
● Linear Systems (Graduate-level)
Awards and Honors
● Shuguang Scholar of Shanghai, 2021
● Shanghai Talent Development Fund, 2021
● Excellent Scientific and Technological Paper Award in the Field of Electronic Information, Chinese Institute of Electronics, 2020
● Best Theoretical Paper Award, The 13th World Congress on Intelligent Control and Automation, 2018
● SMC Outstanding Young Faculty, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, 2017
● SMC Outstanding Young Faculty, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, 2012
● Excellent Student Scholarship of AMSS, Chinese Academy of Sciences, 2007
● Excellent Graduate Student of Shandong Province, 2006
● Controllability of Large-scale Networked Systems under Sampled-data Transmission and Sampled-data Control with Asynchronous and Multi-rate sampling, National Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC), 660,000 RMB, 01/2019 - 12/2022. (PI)
● Battery Health Management and Anomaly Inference, HYCAN Automotive Technology Co., Ltd, 600,000 RMB, 04/2022-12/2022. (PI)
● Algorithms of Life System Model and Optimization of Simulation Platform, Academy of Mathematics and Systems Science, CAS, 200,000 RMB, 01/2022-12/2022. (PI)
● Key Technologies of Real-time Intelligent Driving Test Based on Vehicle in the Loop, Shanghai intelligent network Automobile Technology Center Co., Ltd., 1050,000 RMB, 06/2020-10/2021. (PI)
● User Portrait Data Mining, SAIC GM Wuling Automobile Co., Ltd, 154,500 RMB, 12/2020 - 01/2021. (PI)
● Algorithm Development of Process Automation Planning under Large-scale Constraints, Shanghai Jiaoda Zhibang Technology Co., Ltd., 200,000 RMB, 10/2020 -12/2020. (PI)
● Design and Research of Evaluation System for Intelligent Vehicles, Automotive Industry Science and Technology Development Foundation of Shanghai, 500,000 RMB, 09/2019 - 08/2021. (PI)
● Stock Market Modeling and Asset Allocation Based on News Events Driven and Complex Networks, Orient Securities Company Limited, 300,000RMB, 11/2019 - 10/2020. (PI)
● Controllability, Observability and Structural Optimization of Large Scale Complex Networks, Natural Science Foundation of Shanghai, 200,000RMB, 05/2017 - 12/2020. (PI)
● Reconstruction and Related Algorithms of Complex Dynamical Networks using Informative Structure Priors, National Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC), 800,000 RMB, 01/2015 - 12/2018. (PI)
● Structural Analysis and Optimization of Carsharing Stations Based on Complex Dynamic Network, Shanghai International Automobile City, 150,000 RMB, 11/2017-04/2018. (PI)
● Consensus of Multi-agent Network Systems with Coupled Structure and State, National Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC), 240,000 RMB, 01/2012 - 12/2014. (PI)
● Consensus and Soft Control for Collective Behaviours of Dynamical Coupled Multi-agent Systems, Doctoral Fund of Ministry of Education of China, 40,000 RMB, 01/2012 - 12/2014. (PI)
● IFAC TC 5.4 on Large Scale Complex Systems, Vice Chair, 2020---2023
● China Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics, TC on Complex System and Complex Networks, Secretary-General, 2019---2023
● IEEE, Senior Member, 2020---
● Shanghai Association of Automation, Council Member, 2015---
Conference Organization Committee Member
● Organization Co-Chair for the NetSci, 2022
● Program Chair for the Chinese Conference on Complex Networks, 2019 --- 2021
● Program Chair for the China Network Science Forum, 2019 --- 2021
● Workshop Co-Chair for the IEEE/ASME AIM, 2019
● Publication Chair for the IEEE WCICA, 2018
● Registration Chair for the IEEE RCAR, 2018
● Organization Chair for the Net-X Workshop 2016, 2017
● Organization Chair for the IEEE IWCSN, 2014
 M. Chen, Z. Shen, L. Wang, G. Zhang, Intelligent Energy Scheduling in Renewable Integrated Microgrid with Bidirectional Electricity-to-Hydrogen Conversion, IEEE Trans. on Network Science and Engineering, DOI: 10.1109/TNSE.2022.3158988, 2022.
 Y. Lou, Y. He, L. Wang, and G. Chen, Predicting Network Controllability Robustness: A Convolutional Neural Network Approach, IEEE Trans. on Cybernetics, 52(5): 4052–4063, 2022.
 D. Lyu, Y. Yuan, L. Wang, X. Wang, A. Pentland, Investigating and Modeling the Dynamics of Long Ties, Communications Physics, DOI: 10.1038/s42005-022-00863-w, 2022.
 D. Lyu, Y. Teng, L. Wang, X. Wang, A. Pentland, An Experimental Study of Tie Transparency and Individual Perception in Social Networks, Proceedings of the Royal Society A: Mathematical Physical and Engineering Sciences, DOI: 10.1098/rspa.2021.0744, 2022.
 B. Liang, X. Wang, L. Wang, Impact of Heterogeneity on Network Embedding, IEEE Transactions on Network Science and Engineering. DOI: 10.1109/TNSE.2021.3140099, 2022.
 B. Liang, L. Wang, X. Wang, OLMNE+FT: Multiplex Network Embedding Based on Overlapping Links. Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, DOI: 10.1016/J.PHYSA.2022.127116, 2022.
 Y. Zhang, L. Wang, Jonathan J. H. Zhu, Xiaofan Wang, The Spatial Dissemination of COVID-19 and Associated Socio-economic Consequences. Journal of the Royal Society Interface, DOI: 10.1098/rsif.2021.0662, 2022.
 Y. Zhang, L. Wang, Jonathan J. H. Zhu, Xiaofan Wang, & A. S. Pentland, The Strength of Structural Diversity in Online Social Networks. Research, DOI: 10.34133/2021/9831621, 2021.
 Y. Lou, R. Wu, J. Li, L. Wang, G. Chen, A Convolutional Neural Network Approach to Predicting Network Connectedness Robustness. IEEE Transactions on Network Science and Engineering, 8(4), 3209-3219, 2021.
 Yafei Zhang, Lin Wang, Jonathan.J.H. Zhu, Xiaofan Wang. Conspiracy vs science: A large-scale analysis of online discussion cascades. World Wide Web, 24(2):585-606, 2021.
 Guanglin Zhang, Shun Zhang, Wenqian Zhang, Zhirong Shen, Lin Wang. Joint Service Caching, Computation Offloading and Resource Allocation in Mobile Edge Computing Systems, IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, 8(20):5288-5300, 2021.
 Zhirong Shen, Changle Wu, Lin Wang, Guanglin Zhang, Real-time Energy Management for Microgrid with EV Station and CHP Generation, IEEE Transactions on Network Science and Engineering, 8(2): 1492-1501, 2021.
 Yang Lou, Lin Wang*, Guanrong Chen. A Framework of Hierarchical Attacks to Network Controllability. Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation, 98:105780, 2021.
 Yang Lou, Yaodong He, Lin Wang, Kim Fung Tsang, Guanrong Chen. Knowledge-Based Prediction of Network Controllability Robustness. IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks and Learning Systems, Doi: 10.1109/TNNLS.2021.3071367, 2021.
 Shuyang Shi, Lin Wang*, Shuangdie Xu, Xiaofan Wang *. Prediction of Intra-urban Human Mobility by Integrating Regional Functions and Trip Intentions. IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering, DOI:10.1109/TKDE.2020.3047406, 2021.
 Guanglin Zhang, Shun Zhang, Wenqian Zhang, Zhirong Shen, Lin Wang. Distributed Energy Management for Multiple Data Centers with Renewable Resources and Energy Storages. IEEE Transactions on Cloud Computing, DOI:10.1109/TCC.2020.3031881, 2021.
 Kaizheng Wang, Yafei Wang, Lin Wang, Haiping Du, Kanghyun Nam. Distributed Intersection Conflict Resolution for Multiple Vehicles Considering Longitudinal-Lateral Dynamics. IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, 70(5): 4166-4177, 2021.
 Juan Deng, Lin Wang, Zhixin Liu, Attitude Synchronization and Rigid Formation of Multiple Rigid Bodies over Proximity Networks, Automatica, 125:109388, 2021.
 Jingkai Wu, Yafei Wang, Zhaokun Shen, Lin Wang, Haiping Du, Chengliang Yin, Distributed multilane merging for connected autonomous vehicle platooning, Science China: Information Science, 64(11): 1-16, 2021.
 Yang Lou, Lin Wang, Kim-Fung Tsang, Guanrong Chen, Towards Optimal Robustness of Network Controllability: An Empirical Necessary Condition, IEEE Trans. on Circuits and Systems I: Regular Papers, 67(9), 3163-3174, 2020.
 Ping Zhao, Wuwu Liu, Guanglin Zhang, Zongpeng Li, Lin Wang. Preserving Privacy in Wifi Localization with Plausible Dummy Locations. IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, 69(10), 11909-11925, 2020.
 Yafei Zhang, Lin Wang, Jonathan J. H. Zhu and Xiaofan Wang, Viral vs broadcast: Characterizing the virality and growth of cascades, EPL, 131(2020): 28001, 2020.
 Chuang Deng, Lin Wang, Zhihai Rong and Xiaofan Wang, Cooperation emergence in group population with unequal competitions, EPL, 131(2020): 28001, 2020.
 Guanglin Zhang, Zhirong Shen, Lin Wang, Online Energy Management for Microgrids With CHP Co-Generation and Energy Storage, IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology, 28(2): 533-541, 2020.
 Zhixin Liu, Lin Wang, Daoyi Dong, and John S. Baras, Stable Consensus Decision Making for Spatially Distributed Multiagent Systems with Multiple Leaders, SIAM J. Control Optim., 58(3), 1626-1651, 2020.
 Yang Lou, Lin Wang, Guanrong Chen, Enhancing controllability robustness of q-snapback networks through redirecting edges, Research, 7857534, 2019.
 Guanglin Zhang, Zhirong Shen, Zongpeng Li, Lin Wang*, Energy scheduling for networked microgrids with co-generation and energy storage, IEEE Internet of Things Journal, 6(5): 7722-7736, 2019.
 Guanrong Chen, Yang Lou, Lin Wang, A comparative study on controllability robustness of complex networks, IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems II: Express Briefs, 66(5): 828-832, 2019.
 Yang Lou, Lin Wang, Guanrong Chen, Local diversity–stability of the q-snapback network model, Physica A, 536, 121020, 2019.
 Ying Cui, Qingying Miao, Wenbing Zhang, Lin Wang. Sampled-Based Consensus for Nonlinear Multi-Agent Systems with Average Graph. Chaos, 29(9): 093137, 2019.
 Lin Wang, Johan Markdahl, Zhixin Liu, Xiaoming Hu, Decentralized cooperative tracking subject to motion constraints, Automatica, 96:121-126, 2018.
 Shenyu Zhou, Shuangdie Xu, Lin Wang*, Zhixin Liu, Guanrong Chen, Xiaofan Wang, Propagation of interacting diseases on multilayer networks, Physical Review E, 98, 012303, 2018.
 Guanglin Zhang, Wenqian Zhang, Yu Cao, Demin Li, and Lin Wang, Energy-delay tradeoff for dynamic offloading in mobile-edge computing system with energy harvesting devices, IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics, 14(10): 4642-4655, 2018.
 Guanglin Zhang, Yan Chen, Zhirong Shen, and Lin Wang, Distributed energy management for multi-user mobile-edge computing systems with energy harvesting devices and QoS constraints, IEEE Internet of Things Journal, 6(3): 4035-4048, 2018.
 Guanglin Zhang, Yu Cao, Lin Wang, and Demin Li, Operation cost minimization for base stations with heterogenous energy supplies and sleep-awake mode: A two-timescale approach, IEEE Transactions on Cognitive Communications and Networking, 4(4), 908-918, 2018.
 Yang Lou, Lin Wang, Guanrong Chen, Toward stronger robustness of network controllability: A snapback network model, IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems I: Regular Papers, 65(9): 2983-2991, 2018.
 Juan Deng, Lin Wang, Zhixin Liu, Xiaoming Hu, Coordination of multiple rigid bodies under distance-induced interaction topologies, IET Control Theory & Applications, 12: 2067-2075, 2018.
 Juan Deng, Lin Wang, Zhixin Liu, Xiaoming Hu, Pose synchronization of multiple rigid bodies under average dwell time condition, Journal of Systems Science and Complexity, 31(1): 215–233, 2018.
 Jiuhua Zhao, Qipeng Liu, Lin Wang, Xiaofan Wang*, Competitiveness maximization on complex networks, IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man and Cybernetics: Systems, 48(7): 1054-1064, 2018.
 Jiuhua Zhao, Qipeng Liu, Lin Wang, Xiaofan Wang, Prediction of competitive diffusion on complex networks, Physica A, 507: 12-21, 2018.
 Chuang Deng, Chao Ye, Lin Wang, Zhihai Rong and Xiaofan Wang, Peer pressure and incentive mechanisms in social networks, Europhysics Letters, 18003, 2018.
 Lin Wang*, Xiaofan Wang, Guanrong Chen, Controllability of networked higher-dimensional systems with one-dimensional communication, Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society A, 375, 2088, 20160215, 2017.
 Zhixin Liu, Lin Wang, Jinhuan Wang, Daoyi Dong, Xiaoming Hu*, Distributed sampled-data control of nonholonomic multi-robot systems with proximity networks, Automatica, 77: 170-179, 2017.
 Guanxue Yang, Lin Wang, Xiaofan Wang, Reconstruction of complex directional networks with group lasso nonlinear conditional granger causality, Scientific Reports, 7, 2991, 2017.
 Guanxue Yang, Lin Wang, Xiaofan Wang, Inferring time-delayed dynamic networks with nonlinearity and nonuniform lags, Europhysics Letters, 119, 28001, 2017.
 Johan Markdahl, Jens Hoppe, Lin Wang, Xiaoming Hu, A geodesic feedback law to decouple the full and reduced attitude, Systems & Control Letters, 102: 32-41, 2017.
 Xiaoling Wang, Housheng Su, Lin Wang, Xiaofan Wang*, Edge consensus on complex networks: A structural analysis, International Journal of Control, 90(8): 1584-1596 2017.
 Jiuhua Zhao, Qipeng Liu, Lin Wang, and Xiaofan Wang. Competitive seeds-selection in complex networks, Physica A, 467: 240-248, 2017.
 Lin Wang, Guanrong Chen, Xiaofan Wang*, Wallace K.S. Tang, Controllability of networked MIMO systems, Automatica, 69: 405-409, 2016.
 Lin Wang, Guanrong Chen*, Synchronization of multi-agent systems with metric-topological interactions, Chaos, 26, 094809, 2016.
 Ying Wang, Lin Wang, Wen Yang, Xiaofan Wang*, Quantization effects on complex networks, Scientific Reports, 6: 26733, 2016.
 Xuejing Li, Lin Wang，Zhixin Liu*, Daoyi Dong, Lower bounds on the proportion of leaders needed for expected consensus of 3D flocks, IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks and Learning Systems, 99: 1-11,2016.
 Shuhong Zhang, Lin Wang*, Zhixin Liu, Xiaofan Wang, Evolution of international trade and investment networks, Physica A, 462: 752-763, 2016.
 Zhixin Liu, Dan Li, Lin Wang*, Daoyi Dong, Synchronization of a group of mobile agents with variable speeds over proximity nets, IEEE Transactions on Cybernetics, 46(7): 1579-1590, 2016.
 Guanglin Zhang*, Shan You, Jiajie Ren, Demin Li, Lin Wang, Local coverage optimization strategy based on Voronoi for directional sensor networks, Sensors, 16, 2183, 2016.
 Lin Wang*, Xiaofan Wang, Xiaoming Hu, Connectivity maintenance and distributed tracking for double-integrator agents with bounded control, International Journal of Robust and Nonlinear Control, 25: 542-558, 2015.
 Lin Wang*, Xiaofan Wang, Jinhuan Wang, Limit set problem of multi-agent systems with finite states: An eigenvalue-based approach, Journal of Systems Science and Complexity, 28(3): 570-579, 2015.
 Ying Wang, Wen Yang, Lin Wang, Xiaofan Wang*, Leader selection for fast consensus in networks, Europhysics Letters, 112(5): 50002, 2015.
 Qipeng Liu*, Aili Fang, Lin Wang, Xiaofan Wang, Social learning with time-varying weights, Journal of Systems Science and Complexity, 27(3): 581-593,2014.
 Lin Wang, Xiaofan Wang, Xiaoming Hu, Connectivity preserving flocking without velocity measurement, Asian Journal of Control, 15(3): 1-12, 2013.
 Aili Fang, Lin Wang, Jiuhua Zhao, Xiaofan Wang, Chaos in social learning with multiple true states, Physica A, 392(22): 5786-5792, 2013.
 Jing Han, Lin Wang, Nondestructive Intervention to Multi-agent systems through an intelligent agent, PLOS ONE, 8(5) e61542, 2013.
 Jiangping Hu, Zhixin Liu, Jinhuan Wang, Lin Wang, Xiaoming Hu, Estimation, Intervention and Interaction of Multi-agent Systems, Special issue for the 50th anniver-sary of Acta Automatica Sinica, 39(11): 1796-1804, 2013.
 Lin Wang, Xiaofan Wang, New conditions for synchronization in dynamical communication networks, Systems & Control Letters, 60(4): 219-225, 2011.
 Lin Wang, Zhixin Liu, Robust consensus of multi-agent systems with noise, Science in China (F), 52(5): 824-834, 2009.
 Lin Wang, Lei Guo, Robust consensus and soft control of multi-agent systems with noises, Journal of Systems Science and Complexity, 21: 406-415, 2008.
 Lin Wang, Xilin Fu, A new comparison principle for Impulsive differential systems with variable Impulsive perturbations and stability theory, Computers and Mathematics with Applications, 54: 730–736, 2007.